Media Relations – Virtual Course
Prepare for a step-by-step exploration of modern day media relations do’s and don’ts, including the creation of polished and professional media lists and press kits to news releases, public service announcements and more. We cover ‘The Rules of the Release’ – both breakable and not, from the all-important commandments of CP and AP Style, to exciting new formats that go well beyond an electronic press kit into standout design, video, microsites, infographics, storytelling and social media. This course will inject the most insight and creativity possible into your PR efforts and media pitches, helping you make your mark, differentiate your company, and catapult your brand to an entirely new level, while having all the tactics and templates needed to do so. You will receive invaluable planning tools for your arsenal, and create your perfect pitch for the modern day press.
This online course is #3 of 4 in our virtual Public Relations Certificate program, and can be taken alone or as part of the certificate.
Upon completion of all 4 courses and the associated course requirements, your certificate will be issued, along with our utmost congratulations and continued support.
Register for this online course, and receive lifetime access to a suite of learning videos, program guides, workbooks, templates and tactical tools – constantly updated and forever keeping you at the top of your game.
Upon registration, you will immediately receive login credentials for your Social School Course Dashboard, where all course materials can be found. Bookmark that page, login at any time (forevermore), and let your learning begin!
TAKE IT ONLINE
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Location Virtual
- Timing Daytime
- Commonly missing must-have’s 1 and 2
- What’s breakable, flexible and somewhat sacred
- Meet your new best friend: The CP/AP Stylebook
- Top 10 tips for a great release
- Exploring new formats that go well beyond the bland pdf
- Advertising-meets-PR-meets-marketing-meets-communications-meets-graphic design
- Why injecting the most creativity possible will make your mark, get you seen,
and catapult your brand
- Your Annual Marketing Calendar
- Your Social Editorial Calendar
- The annual editorial calendars of your target media and your target market
- Artful, intelligent pitching on a local, regional and international scale
- A great tease, killer storytelling and crazy good distribution techniques
- Strategizing, execution and follow-through, not to be confused with the ol’ ‘follow-up’
RULES OF THE RELEASE
EDITORIAL CALENDARS 1-2-3